General Administration & Management
Maintenance & Operations
Planning, Design & Construction
Associate Vice President of Facilities and Management
Ferris State University
Associate Vice President of Facilities and Management
Summary: Directs the management and operation of campus facilities by coordination, supervision and leadership, to include: Operation and maintenance of campus buildings, grounds, roads and walks; Transportation services (motor pool & bus operations); Custodial services; Power plant and Utilities; Energy management; Facilities development, extension and renovation; Shipping, receiving, and mailroom; Plant stores; and Disposition of surplus goods.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Facilities Engineering/Business Administration or related field(s). Minimum five to ten years of progressive, supervisory/management experience in institutional or industrial facilities. Must possess demonstrated skills in project management, financial management and budgeting, planning, scheduling, employee relations, supervision, and computer information systems.
To view the full description and application information go to: https://www.ferris.edu/administration/adminandfinance/human/Employment/homepage.htm
Director of Facilities Maintenance
Kansas State University
About This Role:
The Director of Facilities Maintenance leads maintenance and renewal activities at Kansas State University, which is a 6.4-million GSF of campus infrastructure. This role provides continuous leadership to approximately 50 departmental staff, ensuring the staff is trained and equipped for daily duty. The Director will manage the challenges of the built environment and should also take joy in creating and improving the beautification of the infrastructure as a physical component and connecting element of the campus experience.
This is an action-oriented role, responsible for organizational effectiveness – adept at routine performance analysis to make data-driven decisions in support of the mission to serve the campus. Daily duties may require field assessment, monitoring and prioritizing work, planning preventative and predictive maintenance, scheduling, and directing internal and external resources.
This position serves as an integral member of the Facilities Leadership team, which is comprised of a group of professional team-oriented, communicative, and driven individuals united by the mission to serve our campus community - with which Facilities is fully welcomed and engaged.
Why Join Us:
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service organization within the
K-State is located in Manhattan, KS. The campus infrastructure varies in architectural style but is banded together by locally quarried limestone building exteriors that uniquely personify each building. The primitive structures that once defined campus as the first operational Land Grant University in 1863, are now icons, serving to anchor their symbolic heritage amongst a vibrant and modern campus backdrop.K-State offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted online via the applicant tracking system for review; please do not email applications. In your application materials, please include a single file pdf containing the following:
Application queries or nominations can be sent to:
Screening of Applications Begins:
The search committee will accept applications and nominations until March 1, 2021. The committee will begin identifying candidates to interview the week of March 5, 2021, and initial interviews will take place the week of March 10, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$65,440.00 - $98,000.00 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Electrician/General Maintenance Worker
Solebury School seeks an experienced General Maintenance Worker with demonstrated experience in Electrical/HVAC to serve in a full-time, twelve-month position within the Maintenance Department. Qualified candidates will be required to perform a wide variety of maintenance tasks as requested to support school operations and facilities, as well as share on call responsibilities of the department on a rotating basis and assist in emergency weather situations. Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience. Position starts immediately.
- Perform and assist with the maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment, and other work as requested, whether involving electrical, HVAC, plumbing, structural
- Operate various Electrical test equipment, HVAC testing equipment, electric/gas and manually powered tools and equipment
- Perform regular preventive maintenance and cleaning of equipment used; makes repairs within the scope of abilities
- Perform and assist with overall carpentry needs
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned
- Possess a CFC universal certification
- Demonstrated experience with electrical code, HVAC, carpentry, mechanical, plumbing tasks, landscaping, machinery use
- A combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates an ability to perform the duties described above
- Lives within 15 miles to school in New Hope, Pennsylvania
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills with a willingness to work as a team member
Experience and aptitude with computer programs; a willingness to learn and increase capabilities with the school’s facilities management software and the ability to use basic productivity software
Ability to operate Building Automation Systems efficiently
Building maintenance and repair, as well as hand and gas powered tools
Uniform code books
Safety practices and procedures relating to the building trades, including OSHA requirements
HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, grounds, and pest management
Operate a variety of tools and equipment safely including standard vehicles and grounds-keeping equipment
Operate and manage automated work order system
Read and interpret specifications and blueprints
Maintain files and inventory records of supplies
Coordinate several projects simultaneously and set priorities
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other community members
Communicate effectively in both oral and written form
Respond to the school during emergencies/weather and otherwise, providing snow removal when necessary
Perform basic first aid
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- The ability to exert significant physical effort in heavy work, including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials weighing 20 to 50 pounds; may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials weighing up to 100 pounds
- Willingness to work outside in inclement weather
- Tasks are regularly performed with potential exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as strong odors, fumes, dusts, wetness, humidity, machinery, vibrations, temperature and noise extremes, disease, pathogenic substances and toxic/poisonous agents
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driver’s test in school van
- Submission to full battery of background testing per PA state law
- Must maintain reliable transportation with the abilities to get to the school during inclement weather
Northern Arizona University
HVAC Supervisor, Facility Services, #604438
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Operations for Facility Services, the Manager, HVAC is a member of the Facility Services Supervisory Team. The Manager works closely with the other Facility Services Departments: Utility Services, Landscape and Outdoor Services, Electrical, Plumbing, General Maintenance, Carpentry, Building Access Services, Fire Life Safety, and Paint. This position exists to aid and advise the Assistant Director of Operations for Facility Services in fulfilling the Facility Services' mission to the University by providing superior customer service to the Campus community, exercising fiscal responsibility, reporting on leading edge technology, practicing sustainable maintenance and operations methods, and empowering the HVAC workforce to reach their full potential as NAU employees.
$62,996.00 to $74,745.00
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Director of Facilities Planning
Florida State University
About FSU and the position:
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking.
FSU's welcoming campus is located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida, in a community that fosters free inquiry and embraces diversity, along with championship athletics, and a prime location in the heart of the state capital. Florida State University retained its place in the Top 20 among national public universities in the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings. FSU is number 19 on the list, marking the second consecutive year that the university placed in the Top 20.
In 2019, Florida State was one of only nine public universities in the U.S. to receive an AA+ rating from S&P Global Ratings. FSU has also earned a high grade for financial management, receiving an AA+ rating from Fitch Ratings, Inc. for the university's strong financial profile, 2019.
FSU seeks a proven leader, one that can execute to vision, engage cross functional leadership and continually innovate to achieve a culture of excellence. We seek diverse candidates who are excited to lead in an inclusive, interactive collaborative engaged Facilities Department anxious to serve a Campus on the move. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news.
Additional information can be found at https://hr.fsu.edu/working-fsu/prospective-employees.
This leadership role functions as the Director of Planning and performs work with broad managerial and strategic responsibilities of considerable difficulty in planning, organizing, directing and advancing the culture of innovation across the university. This role serves as a vital leader on the Facilities team, responsible for the operational management of the Facilities Planning, Space Utilization, Facilities Archives, GIS Mapping, Leasing, and Property Management sections. FSU Facilities is developing new Strategic Plans on how we best serve and support our new Transformed Campus that will emerge in the coming years. Creative forward visioning and engagement from the Director of Planning will be critical to creating, embracing and leading these strategic plans.
More about the Facilities Planning Department: https://www.facilities.fsu.edu/depts/planningMan/
- Managing the planning of major project development, including the preparation of facility programs and capital funding requests; maintaining and updating the University’s adopted Campus Master Plan; integrating project details into the University’s Space File; leasing off-campus and on-campus space and property; and acquisition and disposal of real property.
- Maintaining the University's archival resources, in both a hard copy and electronic format to include construction documents, training manuals, photographs and other construction-related and historical materials.
- Oversight for the University's GIS Mapping enterprise, providing guidance and direction related to mapping needs and assisting in the administrative direction and growth of the department's mapping and related data analysis initiatives.
- Responsible for the University's Leasing enterprise, and for the appropriate management of newly acquired property and property improvement. Maintains State Land Management Plans for certain University parcels. Coordinates land acquisition and management activities with the University's Real Estate Foundation, as needed.
- Lead and Inspire the Planning Team to develop new creative approaches to become a Leader in Higher Education Planning.
- Provide Creative Leadership as a key member of the FSU Facilities Leadership Team including proposing, researching and developing creative, resourceful solutions for a forward-thinking campus, not only in Planning but across all of Facilities.
Experience you’ll bring to the team:
- Master’s degree and five years of related work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and seven years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of budget, management, formulation and execution; cost benefit analysis and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of operating a service-orientated organization.
- Knowledge of processes, procedures, and methods used in master planning.
- Skill in understanding and interpreting complex data, statutes, guidelines, and regulations.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in writing technical reports and grants; negotiating and administering contracts with professional consultants and contractors.
- Skill in effectively managing, supervising and evaluating staff.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve effectively and recommend strategically about planning issues.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure and in emergencies.
- Able to Envision and Implement Imaginative Creative Strategic Plans not only for Planning but also all FSU Facilities
- Able to Effectively Communicate with their Planning team, the larger Facilities Team and the greater FSU Campus.
FSU is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
This position is being advertised until filled. To learn more about this opportunity and submit your application, please visit FSU Director of Facilities Planning