Energy & Utilities
Planning, Design & Construction
Facilities Electrical Engineer
University of Kentucky
Facilities Electrical Engineer
Reporting directly to the Manager, Facilities Engineering & Project Managment, the Facilities Electrical Engineer develops designs, plans, and operations for new and/or existing electrical systems, including specifications to compliment electrical designs, and layouts for various applications. The Facilities Electrical Engineer participates in new electrical systems projects and/or renovations in developing project scope, parameters, timelines, specifications, and budgets. The Facilities Electrical Engineer also provides technical maintenance support as needed in troubleshooting and evaluating performance and/or failures of installed electrical systems and equipment. In addition, the Facilities Electrical Engineer assists project managers and construction superintendents with electrical systems installations helping to avoid problems and addressing any issues that might arise to reduce downtime.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Researches systems ideas and draws up plans for these systems, including utilizing computer-aided software (AutoCAD).
- Ensures designs are consistent with University design standards, contract specifications and all relevant regulations and engineering standards.
- Develops electrical systems project implementation strategies and plans. Approves final designs and installations.
- Oversees, reviews, and approves the work of external engineering planning and design consultants.
- Provides activities and guidance on electrical systems processes, designs, and construction.
- Compiles data on electrical systems, monitoring system efficiency and energy and material usage.
- Produces necessary design reports and documentation addressing project progress and details for stakeholders.
- Documents each project by updating the project and drawing files, including specifications, schematics, and diagrams regarding projects.
- Ensures compliance with University Records Retention Requirements.
- Delivers engineered analyses of equipment or system failures and delivers solutions.
- Aids in researching and sourcing new and/or replacement equipment.
To apply for this position, submit a UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs and reference job number: RE24332
Quick Link: http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/293073
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
For questions, contact HR/Employment, phone (859) 257-9555 press 2.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity University that values diversity and inclusion. Individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
University of Texas at Austin
Member of 7-person project management team within the Construction Services Division. Manage design and construction projects for university facilities with primary delivery by seven specialty in-house trade shops and associated campus/contracted support. Projects may include new construction, renovation of existing spaces, and repair of campus infrastructure. Responsibilities may include management of campus special events. For a detailed description and to apply for this position, please visit our online job application system at: https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UTstaff/job/UT-MAIN-CAMPUS/Project-Manager_R_00010227-1
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.